Rescuers remind about safety measures when using household pyrotechnic products and when decorating a Christmas tree
Published: 25.12.2020, 09:10
In order to celebrate Christmas safely, SES experts remind you of the need to follow safety rules when using the traditional attributes of New Year and Christmas celebrations.
These are, first of all, pyrotechnic products, candles and electric garlands.
So, a lighted CANDLE can cause a fireб if you do not follow the rules of fire safety.
- keep lighted candles at a safe distance from flammable materials.Do not place candles near the curtains on the windows and do not decorate the Christmas tree with them;
- use only low, stable metal candlesticks;
- do not fix the candles with wax on wooden tables, boards or window sills, as it can tip over and cause a fire;
- never leave a lighted candle unattended;
- be sure to put out the candle if you leave the room or go to bed;
- do not burn candles to the end - leave a cinder 2-3 cm long;
- do not allow children to play with candles and keep matches out of the reach of children;
At the same time, in order for the CHRISTMAS tree to bring only joy, it should be installed away from heating appliances and open fire sources - fireplaces, gas stoves, etc.:
- prefer models that have fire impregnation (this information is indicated on the package);
- the Christmas tree must be properly assembled and securely installed, and the toys evenly distributed on it;
- candles and sparklers should not be installed on the Christmas tree, especially in combination with cotton "snow" and paper toys;
- to collect an artificial Christmas tree it is necessary according to the instruction. It is not recommended to let children into the process of assembling the Christmas tree;
- in the room where the Christmas tree stands, children should be under the care of adults only;
- for children's safety, it is better to decorate the Christmas tree with light ornaments that do not break (bows, cones, fiberglass balls, etc.);
- electrical safety rules should also be followed. Defective and uncertified electrical products must not be used to decorate the Christmas tree.
Regarding the use of PYROTECHNIC PRODUCTS, rescuers emphasize that you need to buy only certified products, checking the packaging for defects. However, in the context of the armed conflict in the east of the country, SES experts recommend not to use crackers or fireworks out of respect for the people who took part in the hostilities. However, for those who still can not imagine celebrations without fireworks, rescuers remind:
- launching firecrackers, fireworks, rockets is prohibited inside the premises, from balconies and near residential, farm buildings, Christmas trees, etc .;
- pyrotechnics should not be stored near heating appliances - radiators, gas and electric stoves. do not carry flammable items in your pockets;
- products must not be disassembled or subjected to mechanical influences, etc.
So, in order not to spoil the celebration for yourself and your family with extraordinary events, you should follow these simple tips.
Dear citizens! Rescuers wish everyone a safe Christmas and wish you a Happy New Year!